PRIVACY NOTICE – OWNER MEMBERS
1.2 The policy applies to all our interactions with you and provides the assurance that when dealing with The Trust your personal information will be protected and used only in accordance with the policy outlined here.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. What Information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we hold on members is very limited. It usually comprises of:
· The name(s) of the owners of a property on Elsea Park
· The postal address of the property (and sometimes the Plot Number)
· Your correspondence address (if it is different from the postal address of the
· Other contact details including your email address and telephone number(s) if you
have provided us with them.
3. What about sensitive information?
3.1 This term usually covers such things as age, gender, racial or ethnic origin and similar delicate subjects. As a rule, we neither seek nor require such information, and consequently don’t hold it. If we do ever require it, we will ask for your EXPLICIT consent.
4. Where do we obtain the information?
4.1 In most cases, the personal information we hold on you is provided by yourself or the solicitor acting on your behalf when you initially purchase a property here.
4.2 The information is drawn directly from the Application for Membership and the Deed of Covenant that purchasers sign when they buy a property on Elsea Park.
4.3 If you have contacted us in the past by email or letter then we may still hold hard copies of the letter on your file or soft copies on our email systems.
5. Why do we need to collect and process the information?
5.1 The Trust has a legal and contractual obligation to own, manage, and maintain the public
realm within the boundary of the Elsea Park development. As Owner Members you have a legal and contractual obligation to pay the Annual Charge to fund the operations of The Trust.
These obligations constitute the lawful basis on which we obtain and process your personal data.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. How do we use your personal information?
6.1 We use the information we hold on you to communicate with you on matters relating to your membership of The Trust and to administer your account.
6.2 If you have given us permission to do so, we may use your contact details to advise you of events and activities that are organised by The Trust. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
7. Keeping your information secure.
7.1 Your privacy is important to us and we know that the protection of your personal data is a serious matter. We will ensure that we have the necessary physical, electronic, and procedural systems in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that we hold.
8. With whom do we share your information?
8.1 We do not share your personal information with anyone unless:
· We are requested to do so by the police or other government agency as required by law or if we feel that such disclosure may help to detect or address crime, antisocial behaviour, or protect the personal safety of a resident
· You pay your
account by Direct Debit, in which case we share the following information with our Direct Debit Collection Agency. Note that we are the Data Owner; the agency acts as the Data
o The address of the property and a unique reference number
o The name, sort code, and account number of the payee
o The amount to be collected
o The transaction history
9. You have a number of rights regarding your personal information.
9.1 You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you at any time.
9.2 If you feel at any time that the information we hold on you is incorrect, or if it should change, we urge you to contact us at the earliest opportunity so that we can update our records thereby improving the service that we provide to you.
9.3 The “right to be forgotten” when you sell your home. We do, however, have a legal obligation to retain financial records for seven years.
9.4 To be informed promptly of any serious breach of the confidentiality of your data.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US REGARDING PRIVACY ISSUES?
You can contact our Data Controller (The Community Trust Manager) with any privacy concerns you may have or to comment or complain about the procedures we use to protect your privacy by either:
· Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Writing to us at Elsea
Park Community Trust, 1 Sandown Drive,
Bourne, PE10 0US
· Telephoning us on 01778 423062
You also have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK authority for data protection. You can contact the ICO by:
· Email at email@example.com
· Letter to ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
· Telephoning on 0303 123 1113
We would, however, really appreciate being given the chance to address any concerns you may have in the first instance.
PNWOM02 - 20200313
The Centre and
Trust Office are Closed due to Covid-19 Regulations
In accordance with government guidelines, the Trust Office and The Centre are closed except for essential and infrequent visits by staff, who
are otherwise working from home.
Whenever possible, please
contact us by email using the appropriate address on our main contact page HERE
Normal Business Hours
Mon to Thu: 08:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 08:30am - 2:00pm