PRIVACY NOTICE – CENTRE HIRERS
1.2 The Centre is owned and managed by The Trust, and this policy applies to all our interactions with hirers and provides the assurance that when dealing with The Trust, hirers personal information will be protected and used only in accordance with this policy.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. What Information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we hold on hirers is usually limited to their name, postal address, email address, and telephone numbers(s)
3. What about sensitive information?
3.1 This term covers such things as age, gender, racial or ethnic origin and similar delicate subjects. We don’t need it, so we don’t ask you for it.
4. Where do we obtain the information?
4.1 The personal information we hold on hirers is usually provided by the hirer themselves or, occasionally, by somebody acting on their behalf.
4.2 Personal information is often passed to us over the telephone or via email prior to being provided in writing in the Hire Agreement should the hire proceed.
4.3 If you have contacted us in the past by email with an enquiry or have completed a Hire Agreement we may still hold a soft copy on our email server or a hard copy of the Hire Agreement on file.
5. Why do we need to collect and process the information?
5.1 The Trust needs your personal information to manage enquiries and bookings.
5.2 Prior to you completing any Hire Agreement the lawful basis for our processing your personal data is to serve our shared and legitimate interests.
5.3 Should you proceed with the hire, the Hire Agreement you complete establishes a contract between The Trust and yourself; this contract then becomes the lawful basis under which we process your personal information.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. How do we use your personal information?
6.1 We use the information we hold on you to communicate with you on matters relating to your hire and to fulfil the contract if the hire proceeds. We do not use it for any other reason.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
7. Keeping your information secure.
7.1 Your privacy is important to us and we know that the protection of your personal data is a serious matter. We will ensure that we have the necessary physical, electronic, and procedural systems in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that we hold.
8. With whom do we share your information?
8.1 We do not share your personal information with anyone unless:
· We are requested to do so by the police or other government agency as required by law or if we feel that such disclosure may help to detect or address crime, antisocial behaviour, or protect the personal safety of an individual.
9. You have a number of rights regarding your personal information.
9.1 You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you at any time.
9.2 If you feel at any time that the information we hold on you is incorrect, or if it should change, we urge you to contact us at the earliest opportunity so that we can update our records thereby improving the service that we provide to you.
9.3 The “right to be forgotten”. We do, however, have a legal obligation to retain financial records for seven years, and may need to hold it for longer if required to do so by our insurers.
9.4 To be informed promptly of any serious breach of the confidentiality of your data.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US REGARDING PRIVACY ISSUES?
You can contact our Data Controller (The Community Trust Manager) with any privacy concerns you may have or to comment or complain about the procedures we use to protect your privacy by either:
· Emailing us at email@example.com
· Writing to us at Elsea Park Community Trust, 1 Sandown Drive,
Bourne, PE10 0US.
· Telephoning us on 01778 423062
You also have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK authority for data protection. You can contact the ICO by:
· Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Letter to ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
· Telephoning on 0303 123 1113
We would, however, really appreciate being given the chance to address any concerns you may have in the first instance.
PNWCHO1 - 20180525